GUIDELINES FOR VAN DRIVERS
Becoming an “Approved” Van Driver:
- You must have a valid driver’s license and be an employee of UNC Charlotte.
- You must review this self-study van certification manual.
- You must successfully pass the online van certification test.
- Complete the employee section of the van certification authorization form and schedule a time to complete the road test with an authorized van road tester.
- The authorized van road tester will complete the practice driving section of your van certification authorization form during an on-campus road test. The EHS Office offers road test driving sessions on the 1st Wednesday of every month and 3rd Wednesday of every month from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Each road test will take approximately 30 minutes. Please contact the EHS Office via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (704-687-1111) to schedule a road test.
- The employee must have the supervisor authorization section completed by their appropriate supervisor and if you are a student employee an Authorizing Vice Chancellor/designee must also sign.
- Return the completed authorization form to EHS Office.
After completing all the steps above, you will be issued a Van Driver Authorization card by the EHS Office.
To Obtain Van Keys:
- Please contact the Facilities Management Motor Fleet Department (704-687-0596).
- You must display a Van Driver Authorization card and a valid driver’s license to the Motor Fleet Representative.