All members of and visitors to the University community share the responsibility to provide and maintain a safe working, teaching, and learning environment and to reduce or eliminate known hazards. As employees, you play a vital role in maintaining and enhancing a safe and healthy environment at UNC Charlotte. As such, we need your participation with the following:
- Review and adhere to all environmental health and safety requirements, policies, training, and instructions.
- Seek safety information before performing any new or unfamiliar job task.
- Wear required personal protective equipment (i.e. closed-toe shoes, gloves, safety goggles) as required by your supervisor or environmental conditions.
- Report hazards (i.e. frayed electrical cord) to supervisors or EHS Office.
- Take action to avoid, eliminate or minimize unsafe behaviors and hazards.
- Know first aid procedures; how to obtain treatment, location of first aid kits and operation of emergency equipment (i.e. deluge showers, eyewashes, fire alarms).
- Report all incidents and injuries to instructors or supervisors. For serious injuries or a life-threatening emergency, contact Police and Public Safety from campus phone 911 or cell phone 704-687-2200.
- When questions or concerns arise, ask your supervisor, or call the appropriate university department for additional assistance.