Monday, January 6, 2020
Winter Weather Driving
Driving in winter weather can be scary, especially during icy or snowy conditions. Remember these winter weather driving tips to stay safe!
- Always keep your gas tank filled to prevent ice from forming in tank or lines.
- Make sure to check tire pressure and replace any worn tires.
- Drive slowly. It is harder to control or stop your vehicle on a slick or icy road.
- Increase your following distance to allow more time to stop.
- Replace wipers as soon as they show signs of wear.
- Always keep emergency supplies in your car. Make sure to include a flashlight, blanket, ice scraper, first aid kit and bottled water.